MASONIC CENTRE HISTORY

This picture dates to around 1900 and on the left, shows the Drill Hall built in 1880 for the 30th Middlesex Regiment. This building is now the replacement for the Leeland Youth Centre.

The building to the right was originally the St. John's vicarage, then became the tutorial college for the nurses of King Edward Memorial Hospital and when the hospital closed in the late 1970s, the building remained empty for a couple of years before it was considered for use as a Masonic Centre.

The West London Masonic Centre was dedicated by R. W. The Hon. Lord Farnham, Assistant Grand Master on 8th. September 1983.


WEST LONDON LODGE OF INSTALLED MASTERS

West London Lodge of Installed Masters is the Premier Lodge of the WLMC which was founded in 1996 with a membership of Installed and Past Masters of the many Lodges that meet here at the Centre.

Under new rules from Grand Lodge, Installed Masters Lodges will be exempt from the surcharges therefore, our subscriptions will be reduced. All Installed Masters are welcome and if you are interested, contact the Lodge Secretary. The lodge has two meetings a year:

  • The last working day in March (excluding Saturdays)
    • Usually open to all and will often comprise of a lecture or a demonstration team.

  • The last working day in October (excluding Saturdays)
    • This is our Installation that includes the "Complete Workings of the Installed Master".
    • This meeting is of particular interest as it has an extended "Inner Workings" not usually witnessed by most Masters.